Emergency Veterinary Care in Greensboro
Guilford-Jamestown Veterinary Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs in Greensboro.
Have an Emergency?
If your pet requires emergency care during our regular business hours, call us or get your pet to our hospital right away. Starting treatment quickly may decrease recovery time or even save a life.
We do our best to work in as many urgent/emergent patients as we can; however, if there are already several patients triaged before you, we may recommend you go to Carolina Veterinary Specialist depending on the extent/degree of injury.
After Hours Emergencies
Contact Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Greensboro
501 Nicholas Road Greensboro, NC 27409-2926
Open Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more